Windows Remote Desktop
Remote desktop server is available on the following versions of windows:
- all editions of Windows XP except Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Home Server
- Windows Vista Ultimate, Enterprise and Business editions,
- Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 7 Professional and above
In order to use Remote Desktop you will have to complete the following steps:
1. Setup the server. Click below for setup directions for the following versions or windows:
2. Setup up the network in order to allow Remote Desktop to connect. Click here to for more information on the different options.
Note: This step is not necessary if you plan to connect to your computer only on your own network.
3. Setup/Configure your client. Please select the from below the Operating System you are using on the client computer: